How does the Billing work?


Sewer Bills are a flat rate of $90.00 per quarter per unit.
There are two cycles in the Township depending on location. They are as follows:

Cycle 1:

January 1 – March 31
April 1 – June 30
July 1 – September 30
October 1 – December 31

Cycle 2:

February 1 – April 30
May 1 – July 31
August 1 – October 31
November 1 – January 31

Payment is due upon presentation. Current sewer due becomes delinquent 30 days thereafter, at which time a penalty of 1.5% per month will be charged from the billing date.

What are your office hours?
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.

Can I view and pay my bills online?
No.  Unfortunately at this time the PTMUA does not offer online payments.

What are my payment options?
You can make payment at our main office or mail in your payment.  We also accept payments through your financial institute’s online bill pay service.

Do you accept credit cards?
No. No credit card or electronic payments are accepted at this time.

How can I change the name on this account?
The MUA requires written documentation such as a deed, death or marriage certificate in order to make a name change.

I own a property that I will be renting out, what do I do?
The MUA requires a tenant/landlord form be completed. Among other things, you must indicate if you want the bill to go to your tenant directly. If you chose to put it in your tenant’s name, you will still receive an owner’s copy of the bill.

If I am a tenant renting the property, how can I make changes to the account?
A tenant cannot make any changes to the account. The landlord is the only one that can make changes to the account.


What happens if there is a blockage?


If you believe you have a blockage in the lateral between your house and the main, please call the sewer plant at (609) 894-4343.

As a courtesy we will come out to see if we can clear it.  If we are unable to, and if the main is clear and flowing, you may need to have a plumber come out.

PTMUA users that have fixtures below grade due to a basement, a split-level home or low home elevation, please read the following information to avoid any potential issues:

The PTMUA is not responsible for sewage back-ups in your house. If any part of your home is below the elevation of our sewer main and you have a fixture(s) (e.g., toilet, washing machine, sink, etc.) installed in this area, the PTMUA recommends/suggests that you have a back pressure valve installed on your sewer pipe, or on the individual fixture(s) located in that area.

Leave a Reply